Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract
If you’re using Vine Vera products, you probably notice that camellia sinensis aka green tea is an ingredient in many of them. Ever wonder why this is so?
The use of green tea goes back to more than 4,000 years ago when it was not only used for medical purposes due to its healing ability but was considered to be a restorative and refreshing drink too. If you already love green tea, here is a list of reasons to encourage you to continue taking it. If you do not love it, you might just want to know how it can help you too. In recent times, science has allowed us to understand how we can utilize the properties of green tea in the best way possible.
What does green tea have?
Green tea contains caffeine, vitamins, lipids, enzymes and amino acids and is effective in reducing the risk of ovarian, prostate and breast cancer. All these makes green tea a must in Vine Vera skin care products. Let us take a look at the advantages in a bit more detail.
Green tea offers a number of benefits to our skin and is being extensively used as a vital ingredient in the skin care product industry.
- Protects against UV light – One of the major benefits of green tea is that it helps prevent and protect the skin from sun damage. When the body is exposed for prolonged periods to harmful UV rays of the sun, it can result in sunburn, cancer, and photoaging. Extracts of green tea help neutralize the effects of UV light thereby reducing the damage being caused on our skin. It is ideal to apply a layer of our green tea infused product beneath the sunscreen layer for maximal protection.
- Acts as an antioxidant – UV rays of the sun damage the skin cells thereby producing free radicals which can cause extensive damage to our skin. Green tea extracts are rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants help prevent the formation of free radicals thus can reduce skin damage, making the skin healthy once again.
- Reduces inflammation – People who have sensitive skin often experience irritation and redness if their skin becomes exposed to an irritant of any kind. Green tea leaf extracts work as a natural anti-inflammatory that help reduce the swelling, inflammation and redness in the skin and may also help cure some skin conditions such as psoriasis, rosacea and dandruff.
- Regenerates and rejuvenates the skin – As we age, so does our skin. With time, the skin loses its firmness and elasticity. Fine lines and wrinkles begin to appear as the skin starts to sag. When we are young, our body’s skin cells replace the old cells with new ones. However, as we age, the skin’s regenerating process slows down and needs a boost. This boost is in the form of skin care products which help you look younger. Using products containing green tea extracts is one of the best ways to do so. Green tea extracts have a great anti-aging effect on the skin and help renew and rejuvenate old skin cells that have reached their end.
Which Vine Vera product do you need to choose?
Looking for a Vine Vera product that has green tea in it? Here is a list of the Vine Vera products that contain this leaf extract as an elemental ingredient.
- Chianti Morning Recovery
- Malbec Redefying Serum
- Men’s Serum
- Pinot Noir Phyto Silk
- Sauvignon Blanch Chin Tightening
- Zinfandel Radiance Cream