Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil
Popularly known as sweet almond oil, prunus amygdalus dulcis oil is derived from almond tree fruits. The almond tree has been cultivated for thousands of years in the Middle East and India and popularly used for culinary and skin care reasons since ancient times. The ancient Hindu civilization would use almonds by crushing them and making beauty pastes out of them as they happen to be a natural cleanser in nature.
All that you need to know about the dulcis oil
The nut kernels of the sweet almond tree, when pressed, give prunus amygdalus dulcis oil, which is odorless, colorless, quite mild and gentle. It does not have any negative reaction on the skin and is instantly absorbed when applied topically. There are numerous fatty acids in sweet almond oil which help improve the skin’s barrier function and also keeps the skin moisturized. You will find linoleic acid, oleic acid and beta-sitosterol in sweet almond oil, all of which make your skin softer and prevent it from drying. It also works to reduce itchiness in the skin.
Studies reveal that applying almond oil topically can help prevent structural damage of the skin which happens due to excess exposure to sun rays. This oil helps slow down the process of photo-aging too. The reason why almond oil is being incorporated into various skin care products is that it is greatly tolerated by all types of skin.
The dulcis oil can improve our skin in different ways. While the obvious benefits are making your skin glow naturally, the dulcis oil also helps treat a number of skin conditions. The different skin benefits of this amazing oil are presented below for a better understanding:
- Reduces inflammation- With loads of vitamin E and beta-sitosterol in it, sweet almond oil is considered to be a great natural anti-inflammatory agent that may help reduce inflammation and skin irritation.
- Make-up remover – The presence of a chemical composition similar to the skin’s sebum makes this oil great for removing make-up with ease especially for the eye region due to vitamin E and D content in the oil.
- Beautifies skin – Being a rich emollient, sweet almond oil helps increase the hydration content in your skin, minimize premature aging signs and restore the lost glow. It also may help reduce skin discoloration, irritation and inflammation which will make your skin look more beautiful and radiant.
- Skin moisturizing – Sweet almond oil is a superb natural moisturizer due to the presence of oleic and linoleic acid. It makes it a wonderful face moisturizer, especially for women with oily skin.
- Hair tonic – Almond oil strengthens hair and promotes hair growth and is thus considered to be a powerful stimulant. It improves the hair’s elasticity and shine and proves to be an excellent hair tonic.
Which Vine Vera products use this oil?
Looking for a Vine Vera product that uses the dulcis oil? The products that contain this oil as an essential ingredient are given below.
- Men’s Sauna Mask
- High Potency Cream
- Malbec Redefying Cream