Collagen is a term often used by dermatologists, but do we really understand what it is? Collagen is a large biological molecule that makes up 1/4th of proteins in our body. To put it in simple words, it’s a jelly-like protein, which forms a net-like structure inside the skin. It possesses great tensile strength, and therefore, supports your complexion, and keeps your skin plump, healthy and youthful.
Collagen originates from a Greek word, meaning “glue producing”. It is this collagen that is responsible for maintaining your skin’s elasticity and keeping it firm and compact. Our bodies produce this protein naturally, but due to aging, smoking, pollution, sun damage and improper diet or lack of care – a depletion of collagen occurs. Which is where, wrinkles, fine lines and skin loosening step in.
Here, have a look at some of the interesting things that you may not be aware of, as far as collagen is concerned:
- Collagen makes up about 25-30% of the proteins in our body.
- 75% of our skin is made up of collagen.
- It strengthens blood vessels.
- Collagen helps in metabolizing body fat, and reducing pain and soreness in your joints.
- Collagen levels in your skin/body are majorly dependent on your intake of protein rich foods.
The above-mentioned factors show how important collagen is for the body. But the levels of collagen are bound to drop over a period of time. The only way is to discover external sources of collagen. Keeping the same in mind, below mentioned is a list of foods that will enable higher production of collagen:
- Fish – Creates stronger cells. Skin cells are surrounded with a layer of fatty cells. Fish enables these cells to be stronger to support the skin.
- Red Vegetables – Antioxidant-rich veggies like chilies, tomatoes, pepper and beetroots protect the skin and help in increasing collagen.
- Green Vegetables – Kale, broccoli, beans, and leafy vegetables like spinach, cabbage, etc. rev up the collagen production, and protects breakdown of collagen due to external factors.
- Carrots – Since they’re rich in vitamin A, these also increase collagen production and reduce breakdown of collagen and elastin (that causes aging in the skin).
- Soy – Genistein are plant hormones that act as antioxidants. Soy contains genistein, which blocks aging enzymes and adds to the collagen production.
- Citrus Fruits – Fruits like oranges, grapes, lime, lemons, grapefruits, and others, which contain vitamin C, which is again, an antioxidant, aids in increasing collagen levels.
- Avocado Oil – Not only does avocado contain vitamin E, which works brilliantly in protecting the skin from damage – it also helps reduce age spots.
- Garlic – Garlic acts as a helpful element in rebuilding the damaged collagen fibers due to the presence of lipoic acid and taurine.
- Olives – Black and green, addition of both types of olives will work very well for your diet since they contain sulfur, which aids in collagen formation.
Include these 9 food products in your daily diet and within a short span, you can see youthful, firm, glowing and happy skin results!
Do you have a skin care regiment that can take care of aging? Wrinkles and sagging skin are not good to look at and you don’t want to look on the other side of the 40’s too soon. One look at the mirror and you wish to be beautiful as you look for time immemorial. With age, beauty dawns and wrinkles overtake your mirror.
While aging is a natural process, it can be delayed. The causes of aging are both mental and physical. Forget all your worries. Stress is a major factor that leads to your premature aging. For those physical signs of aging that you wish to do away with, use the right ingredients. So, let’s find out a few special ingredients that will set your skin free from ugly unwanted wrinkles?
Resveratrol has a number of effects, including the more known anti-aging effect that can help the skin to look younger. In fact, it is the signature ingredient of all Vine Vera products and is a natural antioxidant. It is naturally present in the skin of the grapes. It has a magical ability to keep your skin fresh and glowing even if you enter your old days. And it doesn’t end here. Resveratrol is rich in the chemical compounds called polyphenol. These compounds are major activators of the gene that helps the skin tissues to regenerate. Resveratrol can thus rejuvenate the skin tissue and makes your skin appear flawless and glowing.
The magic ingredient has many other effects on your skin. It helps the skin to fight off the sun tan. When you decide to go out in the sun, you simply have to apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen with at least SPF 30 protection. Resveratrol also has some sunscreen effects, but this can only be used as an add-on feature for nothing helps out the way the right sun protection does.
Aloe vera is a desert shrub that is widely used in skin care industry for its amazing effect on the skin. Aloe vera leaves have a waxy gel like liquid inside. This gel has medicinal importance. It acts as anti-inflammatory agent. If you are suffering from prickly heat or acne, aloe vera gel soothes the skin surface, and this puts prickly heat and acne to rest. Aloe vera gel is high in moisture content. Aloe vera is also the best medicine for the sensitive skin.
Do you use Vine Vera products for your skin? Vine Vera contains different ingredients to offer the best experience. There is aloe vera, that is well known for its effects on the skin. There is shea butter that helps your skin look firmer and better. There is resveratrol that helps you attain younger looking skin and then there are fruit oil extracts that can nourish the skin from within. Vine Vera believes in offering luxurious skin care solutions for your skin, which is why we use the best and most effective ingredients in our products. In this article, we are going to discuss some of the top ingredients that are available in Vine Vera products.
We all know that consuming fresh fruits are beneficial for the skin as well as for our overall health. Well, the good news is that there are some Vine Vera products that contain fruit extracts such as orange and lemon. Citrus fruits are quite beneficial for the skin as they are loaded with tons of vitamins E and C. This helps in fighting acne and dry skin surfaces.
Vine Vera products also have natural oil extracts. These oils have been scientifically proven to benefit the skin, safeguarding it from all kinds of hazards. These oils also contain numerous vitamins and minerals that benefit the skin from the inside and make it appear naturally beautiful. Some of the natural oil extracts that one may find in Vine Vera is almond oil, olive oil, and avocado oil.
There are tons of resources obtainable from the sea that benefits the skin from the inside. Some of those components include kelp and caviar. Seaweed is also a component that is quite renowned for its skin benefits. Vine Vera products combine the best of these natural sea resources to give your skin the best possible care. Apart from all this, some products also contain caviar that is rich in amino acids and help in improvement of the skin quality. It hydrates the skin and keeps it lively and naturally beautiful and shiny. All these natural sea ingredients are included in Vine Vera and work together on making the skin healthy and flawlessly beautiful.
Some of the other ingredients may include green tea, ginseng root extract, nutshell powder and witch hazel. Each ingredient has a specific purpose and works to solve particular skin issues. When formulated in the right manner, they combine to offer amazing solutions for your skin care regimen.