Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract – Advantages
Looking for an amazing component in your Vine Vera product that helps prevent skin damage and improve blood circulation? You may be looking for the ginkgo biloba leaf extracts then.
Being derived from an Asian tree named ginkgo, ginkgo biloba leaf extracts are considered to be one of the best selling ingredients in skin care products in all of Europe and the US. These trees are quite tough in nature and can withstand the harshest of environments with ease, living up to almost a thousand years.
What’s special about the Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extracts?
This leaf extract contains more than 40 components that can be beneficial to the skin with the main ones being flavonoids and terpenoids. The former helps protects the skin from damage while the latter improves the flow of blood in the body. Age-old research proved that ginkgo can protect the skin from redness and inflammation that may be caused by excessive UVA/UVB light exposure. Researchers have also proven that ginkgo helps increase the flow of blood in the nail fold capillaries.
However, only standardized ginkgo leaves are used in the manufacturing of skin care products as fresh seeds of this tree contain a chemical named ginkgotoxin which leads to adverse reactions in many individuals.
So, why do you need to have this extract in your skin care product? Mentioned below are some of the major benefits that this natural extract has on the skin.
- Gives younger looking skin – Being rich in flavonoids and polyphenols, ginkgo helps to reduce free radical damage and to prevent oxidative damage from taking place. The antioxidants in this leaf extract help you look younger and healthier while reducing signs of aging such as fine lines or wrinkles, especially on your face.
- Helps with various skin conditions – The leaf extracts of ginkgo biloba help your skin to balance its melanin content and improve skin conditions such as hyperpigmentation and vitiligo with ease. You get a more even and balanced skin tone.
- Deals with different skin issues – The leaf extracts help the skin to heal quickly from many types of skin issues. It helps reduce the swelling in the capillaries and protect the skin from problems like rosacea, acne, skin sensitivity and even eczema. The skin looks healthy and radiant for days to come.
- Increases production of collagen – These extracts help increase the production of collagen by stimulating fibroblasts in your skin. This benefit of ginkgo biloba was scientifically proven in the year1997.
- Antibacterial properties – Natural antibacterial properties can be found in the leaf extracts of ginkgo biloba. This property helps to keep the skin bacteria-free and is the major reason why it is a popular ingredient in products like cleaning masks. It cleans the skin by removing all sorts of impurities from within.
Vine Vera products having the Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract
Looking for a Vine Vera product that has the ginkgo biloba leaf extract? You do not need to search any longer. The products in the Vine Vera collections that contain this leaf extract as an essential ingredient are mentioned below.
- Shiraz Instentic Facelift
- Shiraz Instentic Mask
- Eye Collection, Eye Serum